The Solution You Want, the Partner You Need
Randy Kauffman installed his first solar energy system in 1978 and founded NextEnergy in 2000. Soon after, the City of San Francisco trusted the company to install 32 systems in the Bayview and Hunter’s Point neighborhoods as part of a PG&E pollution settlement. The rest, as they say, is history.
Today, NextEnergy is a full-service commercial and residential solar energy contractor and consultant. We design and install solar energy systems, energy storage systems, solar lighting and EV chargers. Solar energy includes rooftop, ground-mounted, dual-axis tracking, solar canopy and carport systems.
Our Philosophy: Performance, Reliability, Longevity, No Limits
NextEnergy has been chosen by thousands of customers because of a philosophy that delivers transparency, trust, and real benefits and savings.
That philosophy is based on 4 core principles:
- Vetted and chosen by some of the world’s largest companies including Cisco and Hitachi
- System is guaranteed by NextEnergy to perform as promised
- Ability to monitor your system performance in real-time.
- An unbeatable track record serving Northern California for more than 20 years
- Thousands of systems designed and installed
- Durable systems that address the long-term needs of your entire business, not just your electricity budget
- The best equipment using proven PV technology
- Equipment backed up by long-term manufacturer warranties
- Design and installation by highly skilled, in-house engineers and NABCEP-certified crews for optimal reliability
- Willing to take on projects other solar companies won’t touch or can’t make economical; no challenge is too great
- A broader view of what works and what doesn’t, and the knowledge to develop creative solutions (not cookie cutter designs), based on our long history in the industry
- We’re more than a contractor—we’re a consultant looking out for your interests. Seeing you achieve your business goals with solar and storage matters to us.
Contact us if you want to be part of the NextEnergy network.
“Thank you for doing this job for us. We knew this would be challenging because of our specific requirements. Our engineers are so pleased.” Bo Yang, Hitachi Research & Development
“Thank you NextEnergy for installing a carport and making solar possible on my home and office.” Calvin Schmall, Vacaville
“The system you installed is very reliable and the second system really helps out with the solar gain in the windows. Our employees come to work early to get those covered parking spots.” Kevin Cole, The Original Footwear Co
“NextEnergy made me so happy. I am very particular about my roof. NextEnergy also installed solar on two of my rental homes and my RV Park.” Costa Karkalemis, Pleasanton
“Thank you for your patience in the installation at our headquarters. The installation and weather station will help us understand our business better.” Chris Chamberlin, Cisco Systems
“I got out my pencil and figured out that with a loan, solar payments would be no more than what I paid PG&E. The first year, I saved $1,200. Thank you NextEnergy for making this so easy.” Bob Bru, Walnut Creek
“As a business owner, I expect reliable, responsive, and high-quality support. NextEnergy exceeded those expectations. Their attention to detail and knowledge on construction management was impressive. I own several self-storage facilities. We are saving over $100,000 a year on electricity.” Stuart Tunick, 49er Mini Storage